Monday, January 28, 2013
Not quite mashed, but definitely not whole, these potatoes are crispy and flavorful.
New or other small round potatoes (one potato = one serving)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Rosemary, parsley, or other herb of choice to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook until they are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. On a cookie sheet, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil. Place potatoes onto cookie sheet, leaving space between each one.
4. Use a potato masher (or bottom of a glass) to smash each potato gently. Rotate potato masher 90 degrees and smash again.
5. Brush each smashed potato with a generous amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your herb(s) of choice.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted by Stacey Hall at 6:29 PM